Information We Collect
You are not required to provide any personal information to visit the Websites. However, we may collect information from and about visitors to the Websites. This information could identify you personally such as name, email address telephone number, mailing address, demographic, and other similar information (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information and other information in two ways: 1) you provide it to us voluntarily; and 2) automatically as you visit our Websites.
- Information You Provide to Us: You may opt to submit your Personal Information to us for a variety of reasons. Examples include: subscribing to email newsletters from us; signing up to receive information about our work, programs, initiatives, or events; filling out a “Contact Us” or other on-line form to ask a question or request information; communicating with us via email. If you would like to update or delete the information you have provided to us, please contact email@example.com and info@100Kin10.org.
- Information Automatically Collected: This category of information includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer or device you use to access the Websites; the internet address of the site from which you linked to the Websites; and the links you follow from the Websites.
- Information We Get from Others: We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources, including your organization or company, others who think you might be interested in our work, publicly available sources, and third-party analytics providers. For example, we may receive your Personal Information if someone at your organization designates you as a contact person for that organization.
Our Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect to do the following:
- Communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries and requests.
- Operate, maintain, administer, and improve the Websites.
- Conduct research and analytics regarding users of the Websites and usage patterns.
- Create aggregated and other anonymous data from our users’ information but not linked to any Personal Information, which we may share with third parties for lawful business purposes.
- Protect the Websites, including to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or law.
- Comply with law. We may use your Personal Information as we believe appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; and (b) where permitted by law in connection with a legal investigation.
Ways we Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to related entities such as Tides Foundation or the Tides Network or to third-party service providers we engage to help us operate the Websites and administer activities on our behalf. Examples include hosting of our Websites, portal or other platform, information technology services, and data management. If these third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information, they are required to protect the confidentiality of the information and use it only for the limited purpose for which it was provided.
We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary under applicable laws; to respond to requests from public, governmental, and regulatory authorities; to comply with court orders, litigation procedures, and other processes, to obtain legal remedies or limit our damages; and to protect the rights, safety, or property of our employees, you or others.
We may transfer or otherwise share your Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, or other transaction or transfer of assets, subject to appropriate confidentiality requirements, and with notice to you if required by law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the Personal Information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. We will comply with applicable laws and regulations requiring that we notify you in the event your Personal Information is compromised as a result of a breach of our security measures.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of minors is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect information at the Websites from those we know are under 16. Further, no part of the Websites are structured specifically to attract anyone under 16. If we become aware we have information about anyone under 16, we will promptly delete the information.
By entering your information in sections of our Websites that warn that the information entered will be public information, you are acknowledging that we do not guarantee that such information will remain private; furthermore, you are acknowledging that we are not responsible for any disclosure of personal information and any legal ramifications pertaining thereto. Indeed, because we are not guaranteeing that such information will remain private, you should expect that anyone, including people off of our Websites, will be able to see it.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to Tides at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Users Outside the United States
These Websites are published in the United States and subject to laws of the United States. If you are an EU resident or citizen, you have additional rights in connection with your Personal Information pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), including the right to request a copy of your Personal Information that we may have, and the right to request that we update, delete or anonymize that information. If you have any GDPR-specific questions or requests, please contact Tides at GDPR@tides.org.
Changes to Our Policy